Are you a student, parent or teacher? Or are you a leader somewhere? Or you are just that nobody who wants to be somebody? Here are 7 tips that will help you on your journey to success, they are things you need not know about successful people
1. Process not Proceeds: Everyone who wants to be successful must have a dream. However, it is not everybody who cares how their dreams are achieved, all they want is to see their dream come true. Great people are not always like that. They don’t want to achieve their dreams through the wrong means. There is no good turning yourself into a thief all in the name of being rich.
“Means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek”- Martin Luther King Jr.
2. Think more, Talk less: Great people don’t talk away their time; instead they think. Wonder why people applaud them when they speak? ‘Cause think before they do so. Before you contribute in a discussion, listen to what people are saying and think before you contribute so that when you do, they’ll respect you.
“Men of few words are the best men”- William Shakespeare.
3. No Discrimination: To be great, you have to be unbiased. Don’t let a person’s history, tribe, skin colour, name, sex, religion, age etc. determine how you relate with them. Remember, on the road to success, every passer-by can be helpful. Successful men are not bias, if they are, they’ll be known only in their villages. Remember the result of Orwell’s
“All animals are equal
But some are more equal than others.”
4. Living the belief: Most of us don’t live our belief. We carry it with us and express it when we are in an acceptable society but drop it when we find ourselves in a hostile one. This is not supposed to be so. Live your belief, don’t practice it. Be yourself, that’s what successful people do.
“To believe in something and not to live it, is dishonest.”- Mahatma Gandhi.
5. Dying for the Dream: The most inspiring thing about great men is that they are ready to die for their dreams. They can go to any length to see it come true.
“I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society…It’s an ideal I hope to live for…but if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”- Nelson Mandela
6. Lead by Example: On of the most amazing things about great leaders is that they don’t sit back at home and order their followers around, instead they do as they want their followers to do. They lead by example.
“The best way to teach a dummy how to write is to do it.”
7. Love: Of all the points discussed above, love is the greatest. Love allows you to accommodate and associate with everybody with the same mind. It keeps selfishness at bay.
“ Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and relationship. The foundation of such method is love.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
Can you now see why these men are great? If you can work on these tips, you will soon see the you you’ve dreaming of. Remember:
I. The means we use to achieve our goals
II. Thinking more, talking less
III. Unbiased mind,
IV. Living your belief
V. Dying for the dream
VI. Setting examples and the greatest of all,
Thanks for reading. Someone else might need this, so share.